1in6 Webinar: Engaging Men Sexually Abused in Childhood (Reaching Out)
The 90-minute webinar is designed to help advocates, organizers and practitioners think about the most effective ways to approach the issue of childhood sexual abuse with men and with those who care about them.
Ongoing news stories that raise awareness about the sexual abuse of boys offer a great opportunity to encourage men to begin addressing their childhood sexual trauma. But how do you reach male survivors? How do you engage them, make them feel safe in stepping forward?
- Review 1in6 outreach philosophy
- Understand basic outreach theory
- Create a practical strategic plan for your practice or organization’s outreach and awareness activities
- Learn common practices to increase social-media engagement
- Review available resources for men
Anyone who works with men including: crisis intervention hotline staff and volunteer/staffs; victim advocates; mental health workers; child protection workers; law enforcement personnel, and other professionals with some knowledge about the dynamics of sexual abuse.
Date: Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Time: 10:30 AM Pacific Time
Time Commitment: 90 Minutes
Registration Link: https://attendee.
To schedule a training or presentation for your organization, school or community group please contact email@example.com