The mission of 1in6 is to help men who have had unwanted or abusive sexual experiences in childhood live healthier, happier lives. Our mission also includes serving family members, friends, and partners by providing information and support resources on the web and in the community.
We offer outreach, education and services, in person and over the web, to men with histories of unwanted or abusive childhood sexual experiences and anyone who cares about them. We also provide professional trainings.
Click on one of the links below or scroll down for opportunities:
All of our positions are currently filled. Please check back in the future for more opportunities.
Graphic Design Intern
Want to get creative for a good cause? 1in6, a national non-profit that serves the 1 in 6 men who had unwanted or abusive sexual experiences, is seeking a Graphic Design Intern to work 6-8 hours a week at our office in Sherman Oaks, CA (25 minutes from Downtown LA) beginning April 2016. You’ll learn how to work with a team, take direction while adhering to an existing brand strategy, speak on the issue of childhood sexual abuse of men, and you’ll leave with a portfolio of non-profit design work.
Tasks will include:
- Designing graphics to be used across social media platforms, on our website homepage (currently being redesigned), and for short-form video content
- Misc. additional design tasks
- Graphic design degree or currently working toward a graphic design degree, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and social media
- Proficient in designing and organizing graphics files in a manner that is conducive to a motion graphics artist animating them
- An interest in social justice/social responsibility
- Exceptional people and communication skills
- Able to work 6-8 hours one day a week in our Sherman Oaks office
This is an unpaid internship, but we would be happy to sign for school credit if approved by your school.
How to apply: E-mail your resume and portfolio/sample of work to email@example.com with the subject line Graphic Design Intern
Non-Profit Administration Intern
1in6 seeks interns with a keen interest in non-profit management to join its team. The Nonprofit Administration intern, under the guidance of the Managing Director, will provide support for the various responsibilities needed to manage a growing organization. By assisting in the day-to-day operations, the intern will learn the strategic management of services as well as awareness and engagement initiatives implemented to support the 1 in 6 men.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be enrolled in a program for Business Administration/Management, Non-Profit Management, Marketing, Communications, Social Work, or similar
- Have an Associate degree or a two year undergraduate equivalent (3rd or 4th year preferred)
- Have a high level of skill in document creation/management
- Have a strong interest in social responsibility/social justice
- Have an understanding of confidentiality and managing sensitive information
- Be very detail-oriented, organized, and able to work on multiple activities simultaneously
- Have exceptional people and communication skills
- Be able to work 4-7 hours a week
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) a plus
Under the guidance of the Managing Director the intern will:
- Assist in program research and outreach follow up
- Document outreach initiatives
- Field requests and inquiries from various sources
- Assist in the development of relationships with potential community outreach partners (local businesses, college campuses, community members, and others)
- Provide support to directors as needed
Non-paid internship, work remotely.
How to Apply: E-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Apply: Open
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Approximate Hours Per Week: 4-7 Hrs. per week
Please check back for future volunteer opportunities
Your Feedback Matters
Give us your feedback
If you have questions or need help, we have 24/7 Online Support.
We offer several resources, including guidance about how to select an appropriate therapist or consultant, in Get Help and through the Online SupportLine, which we hope will be useful to you in finding effective treatment, getting personalized recommendations for services or to discuss personal issues.
Because 1in6 does not provide direct service to individuals, we are unable to offer that kind of exchange through our feedback response below.