The mission of 1in6 is to help men who have had unwanted or abusive sexual experiences in childhood live healthier, happier lives. Our mission also includes serving family members, friends, and partners by providing information and support resources on the web and in the community.
We offer outreach, education and services, in person and over the web, to men with histories of unwanted or abusive childhood sexual experiences and anyone who cares about them. We also provide professional trainings.
Click on one of the links below or scroll down for opportunities:
1in6, Inc. is a pioneer organization serving men who were sexually abused and/or assaulted, providing information & resources to men, loved ones, and clinical professionals in the field.
We’re looking for a part-time (24 hours/week) Administrative Assistant to join our team. This position will provide support for a variety of 1in6’s projects and programs.
- Support the creative & training teams (PowerPoint assistance, social media, newsletters, materials coordination for events, etc.)
- Track inventory & fulfill orders of awareness materials
- Organize digital assets in Google Drive, Dropbox, Hightail, and Zoho
- Collect & organize data related to awareness, engagement, & development
- Manage office supplies, mailings, & printings
- Update website content and projects
- Assist with video projects (captioning, publishing, etc.)
- Coordinate meetings
- 4-year degree in related fields of Public Administration, Communications, Marketing, or Social Work (or equivalent experience)
- Exceptional people, communication, & writing skills
- A commitment to the well-being of male survivors of sexual abuse and assault, as well as a strong interest in social justice
- Detail-oriented, organized, time-management oriented, self-starter
- A commitment to confidentiality & managing sensitive information
- Proficiency in WordPress, Google Drive, Adobe Photoshop, & social media a plus
- Fluency in English and Spanish a plus
This position pays $16/hour.
How to apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to Arin Fisher, Deputy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ADMIN ASSISTANT”
Graphic Design Intern
Want to get creative for a good cause? 1in6, a national non-profit that serves the 1 in 6 men who had unwanted or abusive sexual experiences, is seeking a Graphic Design Intern to work 6-8 hours a week at our office in Sherman Oaks, CA (25 minutes from Downtown LA) beginning April 2016. You’ll learn how to work with a team, take direction while adhering to an existing brand strategy, speak on the issue of childhood sexual abuse of men, and you’ll leave with a portfolio of non-profit design work.
Tasks will include:
- Designing graphics to be used across social media platforms, on our website homepage (currently being redesigned), and for short-form video content
- Misc. additional design tasks
- Graphic design degree or currently working toward a graphic design degree, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and social media
- Proficient in designing and organizing graphics files in a manner that is conducive to a motion graphics artist animating them
- An interest in social justice/social responsibility
- Exceptional people and communication skills
- Able to work 6-8 hours one day a week in our Sherman Oaks office
This is an unpaid internship, but we would be happy to sign for school credit if approved by your school.
How to apply: E-mail your resume and portfolio/sample of work to email@example.com with the subject line Graphic Design Intern
Please check back in the future for more opportunities.