March / April 2015 Newsletter
Every year at this time I have the great pleasure to send a summary of our accomplishments and challenges from the previous year. I could not be more grateful for our board, advisory board, staff, volunteers, interns, partner agencies and funders. Truly, our work would not be possible if not for all of them.
In brief, 2014 was another busy year. See a snapshot of our accomplishments below and the full report here.
Awareness and Engagement in 2014
- In 2014, 1in6 distributed over 25,000 pieces of awareness and engagement materials to universities and community agencies nationwide. An additional 15,000 individuals had access to 1in6 materials and resources through campus and community events, newsletters, and virtual classroom presentations.
- Our social-media presence continued to expand in 2014, with 5600 Twitter followers for 1in6 (a 60% increase) and 1,027 1BlueString followers (up 70% over last year).
- 1in6 received 1087 Facebook “likes” while 1BlueString had 1,315.
- YouTube views for 1BlueString-related videos totaled 7,500.
- The 1BlueString Website saw 24,981 visitors including 9,228 unique visitors.
- The number of men participating in Bristlecone: Portraits of Male Survivors doubled in 2014 and now has a total of 45 participants.
Technology in 2014
- Overall visits to the 1in6 Website rose by 30% above 2013, averaging 48,186/month, for a total of 578,237 visitors. Of those, unique visitors accounted for an average 22,1176/month, for a total of 266,117 unique visitors for the year, up 45% over 2013.)
- The OnlineSupportline served 795 visitors (an average of 66/month), with call times averaging 40 minutes, representing a 6% increase in total hours of service over 2013.
- The Online Lending Library provided free books and other resources to 150 individuals in 2014.
Trainings in 2014
1in6 provided trainings and participated in professional convening with local organizations, national and statewide sexual assault coalitions including events in California, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, South Carolina, Florida and Georgia. We provided 17 in-person trainings to nearly 1,700 individuals, and 10 webinars with an average of 37 participants each. An additional 1,200 professionals directly received information and materials about 1in6 and another 2600 conference attendees were exposed to 1in6 messages, outreach materials and information.
Our ongoing commitment to leveraging our existing digital resources, training and awareness programming; sharpening our focus, and developing new programming internally and in collaboration with our national and international partners, will enable us to continue to increase our visibility, expand the reach of our resources and the impact of our services at a sustainable level into the foreseeable future.
Here’s to a terrific 2015!